Thai Satay with Peanut Sauce
4 Garden BurgersŪ (or any brand veggie burger)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 cloves chopped fresh garlic (or 3 T. garlic powder)
4 T minced fresh onion (or 2 T. onion powder)
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 T. garlic powder
1 T. ground cayenne pepper
1 t. ground lemon grass
1) To prepare satay, place one-fourth of the marinade ingredients into each
sandwich-size Ziplock bags; shake to blend. Then, place one thawed Garden
into each bag and turn gently to coat with the marinade paste. Let sit for
or 20 minutes, while the broiler preheats.
2) Cut each burger into four strips and place strips on a broiler-safe cookie
broil for about five or six minutes total, turning once. Serve with a bowl
on the side (also great with Sweet 'n' Sour Fresh Cucumber, see recipe on
3) To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium non-stick skillet
shallow pan; stir well (a whisk is usually helpful). Bring to a boil, stir
pour into a serving bowl. Best if served at room temperature, though some
it chilled (nice contrast with the spicy-sweet tanginess of the sauce).
generous appetizer servings
This recipe adapted from one by:
Hazelnut Sage Pate
1 cup hazelnuts
1/4 cup sesame seeds
8 oz cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/3 tsp freshly gound black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped sage
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree F
2) Place hazelnuts and sesame seeds on 2 seperate baking trays. Lightly roast in oven 5-10 minutes. When hazelnuts are cool, rub off skins.
3) Grind nuts and seeds together until they resemble fine crumbs. Or if you prefer a coarse pate, grind half nuts and seeds fine, grind trhe other half coarsely.
4) Beat cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and oil together in a bowl.
5) Add nut and seed mixture, combining well. Add the milk to get a moist consistency. The mixture should be fairly wet because the nuts will absorb some liquid.
6) Serve chilled in ramekins or with small individual salads with toast.
Back to The Veg-o-Maniac Recipe Index
Get your own Free Home Page
21 September 2009