- Regular cleaning with plain soap and hot water will kill some bacteria.
- Borax has long been recognized for its disinfectant and deodorizing properties. Mix 1/2 cup Borax into 1 gallon hot water or undiluted vinegar and clean
with this solution.
- Mix a half-cup of borax with 1 gallon hot water. Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme, rosemary or lavender. Steep for 10 minutes, strain and cool. Or add essential
fragrant oils instead of fresh herbs. Store in a glass or plastic spray bottle.
- 2 tablespoons borax, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 cups hot water. Combine the borax and lemon juice with the water in a spray bottle. Use as you would any commercial
- Isopropyl Alcohol is an excellent disinfectant. Sponge on and allow todry.Use in a
well-ventilated area and wear gloves.