- Use toothpaste instead of toxic silver cleaner to clean and brighten even your best silver. Use an old soft bristled toothbrush and warm water.
- Rub with a paste of baking soda and water
- To magnetize tarnish away, soak silver in salted water in an aluminum container, then wipe clean.
- Soak in boiling water, baking soda, salt, and a piece of aluminum foil.
- When a quick dip for silverware is needed, prepare a solution of baking soda in
tepid-cool water (l level teaspoon to a quart) and brush with a soft toothbrush.
Mix equal parts salt and flour with a little vinegar, then rub.
Rub with undiluted vinegar
Rub with lemon juice and salt, or hot vinegar and salt.
Rub with a paste of baking soda and water.